welcome to rabcooks – a blog for people who love food from every corner of the world!
i’m rab, and i’m from scotland – a beautiful country in the north of the united kingdom! i started my instagram account (@rabcooks) to engage with other foodies around the world. flavours and techniques from other cultures inspired me to expand what i could do in the kitchen, and helped me become more confident in sharing the often misunderstood scottish cuisine.
this blog truly is for everyone, but there are a few things i particularly care about because they’re close to my heart:
- i’m a student with a small kitchen and an even smaller budget, so i love finding cost-effective ways for people without many resources to eat good food!
- training to be a doctor is time-consuming, just like other people who work hard or have a family. i try to find ways to make a busy lifestyle work with a healthy and delicious diet!
- this beautiful, unspoiled country motivates me to be environmentally conscious in the kitchen! you’ll notice that much of my recipes call for leftovers, scraps and local produce where possible.
- when you’re not from a bustling metropolis, like myself, you need to be creative with your substitutions. distance needn’t be a barrier to understanding food from other parts of the world – just have fun with it!
- i’m not a vegan, i can’t make that clearer, and that’s partly because animal products are part of the food culture i grew up with. that being said, the financial and environmental cost of animal products does motivate me to cut down and substitute them in my cooking to an extent. i believe if many people made small, easy changes, the benefits could be enormous!
you can ask me anything about my cooking, i’m happy to answer! And i hope you enjoy this blog!
rab from rabcooks x